Scratches: Any marking or tearing of the surface. Scratch types are identified as follows:
Block Reek – Chain like scratch produced in polishing.
Runner Cut – Curved scratch caused by grinding.
Sleek – Hairline Scratch.
Crush or Rub – Surface scratch or a series of small scratches generally caused by mishandling.
Digs: Small rough spots on the polished surface, similar to pits in appearance, generally caused by mishandling.
- Ground glass with strips for inspecting to MIL-O-13830
- Overhead fluorescent lamps for inspecting to MIL-C-48497
- Curtain conforms to MIL-C-48497
- Overall size (H x D x W): 20 x 19 x 20 inch
- (508 x 483 x 508 mm)
- Weight: 30 lbs (17 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 42 lbs (19 kg)
- Shipping Box: 32 x 32 x 32 inch
- (813 x 813 x 813 mm)
- Data Sheet
Davidson Optronics Model D-727 Scratch Samples meet ASTM Scratch Test Standard (Glass) adjunct F-428. They are approved by the ASTM F07.08 committee for the surface finish characterization of aircraft windows.
The sample set consists of six cover glassed and hermetically sealed 1.5 inch (38 mm) square samples of various scratch widths numbered -3 through -8.
- F-428-3 – very light
- F-428-4 – light
- F-428-5 – moderate
- F-428-6 – moderate
- F-428-7 – medium
- F-428-8 – heavy